Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The US postal service can go to hell

I suppose they haven't done anything THAT deserving of hell, but they certainly are making me angry. A few weeks ago, so that I wouldn't forget, I put in a forwarding order so that my mail would go to my new address starting June 1. Apparently that threw off their whole system. Sometimes I get mail when I'm supposed to. Sometimes I get it, but a week or two (or more) late. Sometimes it gets sent back to the sender. Sometimes it evaporates into thin air. Take, for example, the ten Mexican vanilla beans I ordered on April 26. Gone. Haven't come to me, haven't gone to my new address, haven't been sent back. Or the most recent Real Simple magazine: sent to my new address (thank goodness my sister lives there and can snag it for me). Or take my paycheck. Sent back to my employer. He sent it again, but it hasn't arrived... however I did receive mail from him on Saturday. What?

Apparently "Beginning June 1" doesn't mean anything. I realize I may have jumped the gun by putting in the forwarding order, but come on, I had to do SOMETHING. We had just decided to move into a new apartment but we still had more than a month before the move, and it was too early to pack. I needed some action! You'd think that the forwarding order might sit dormant in the system until June 1, at which point it would pop up and yell "Hey! Don't send me to 2000 Monument! Send me to 2425 Grove!" I was wrong.

Rant over.

No comments: