Sunday, May 02, 2010

I want to tear my eyes out.

Here's the thing about OnDemand: it's awesome. Right? It's awesome. Unless you have satellite, in which  case OnDemand sucks (they always forget to tell you that in the ads - it's all about the HD, but there are about seven crappy movies on demand and that's it).

I don't have satellite, I have Verizon, which has really awesome OnDemand. TONS of stuff: new movies, old movies, free movies, television shows, exercise shows, cooking shows, tons of stuff. I usually catch Grey's Anatomy on there because I have too much else recording on the DVR on Thursday nights. And usually there's a great benefit to watching a television show on demand, and it's that you have much fewer commercials, if any. 

When I watch Grey's Anatomy on demand, they still insert commercials in every designated commercial spot on the show. And for some reason, they also don't allow you to rewind, fast forward, or pause that particular show on demand. Whatever, I can deal with some commercials. But here is what makes me want to tear my eyes out: they play the same commercials in every spot. Two commercials. Every time. The exact same ones. Even watching something live on TV is not that bad. This episode features a commercial for Disney's Ocean (or whatever... I started to tune it out) and a commercial for the Un-Anniversary edition of Alice in Wonderland. Seeing the same two commercials 12 times in a 45-minute episode makes me crazy.

That's all.

No comments: