Thursday, May 06, 2010

new music is as refreshing as basil lemonade

About a week ago, maybe two, I figured out how stale my music library is, and it just about drove me crazy. I had resorted to the radio. THE RADIO.

Something had to be done. Occasionally I watch Grey's Anatomy on some women's network on cable in the evenings and, as I'm sure most know, Grey's Anatomy is a sort of pioneer for unknown artists. A particular song was playing that I super enjoyed, so I decided to visit a website that logged each and every song used in Grey's. I Groovesharked every song -- and I mean every song -- and then bought the ones I liked off of iTunes. Spent about $23. Got some new music.

Then I took a hint from Corbin and started listening to NPR's "All Songs Considered" podcast. I had my doubts at first but I've found some music there that I like too. So I laid the smackdown on my music library. Here's what I'm loving most, in no particular order other than Grey's music first and NPR music second:

1 comment:

shawn said...

First, that widget is cool; I didn't know grooveshark could do that.

Also, thanks for "No Time To Sleep" and "You Don't Know Me." I hadn't heard those before.

Finally, props for Skinny Love, Broken Bells, and Local Natives. Great list.