Wednesday, June 02, 2010

New apartment

Hello dear friends,

I am writing to you from my new apartment. I'm in my bedroom. Corbin is in the living room watching television. The door between us is shut. I'm excited about this because we actually have doors between rooms that we can open and shut. We actually have rooms instead of room.

This morning I woke up in my bedroom. I walked through the hallway to the kitchen. I opened our full-size fridge. I took a carton of strawberries over to the large Ikea kitchen workspace that Corbin and I painstakingly put together on Monday. I cut them up into two bowls and walked into the living room to enjoy a strawberry breakfast with Corbin. Not only am I excited by this simple thing, but I'm excited that something so simple can excite me.

I'm sitting in bed writing to you and out of the corner of my eye I see my bridesmaid's dress hanging on a hook. That's right my friends, the blessed event is this weekend. Three days from now my sister will be married. Now, I've had friends in the past whose siblings have gotten married. Believe me, I know that my sister's wedding is not that exciting for you-- but I hope you'll understand how important it is for me and for my family. The first Thomson girl is going to be married off! Anyway, I'm headed up to the farm tomorrow afternoon, and Corbin will join me on Friday. It's going to be a very big weekend. And you know what else I'm excited about? That we get to come home to our new apartment.

Sorry - that's enough about the apartment. Some thoughts:

1. In retrospect, I still liked the ending of Lost.
2. I saw Sex and the City 2 on Friday night. It was bad.
3. I will elaborate on SATC2 more at another time.
4. This is how I spend my free time at work:

 

Can you guess whose hair I'm wearing in each photo? Which is your favorite?

1 comment:

brett baker said...

I never thought of you going blonde--but I love it! Hm...which one?