Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Some Thoughts

These days, when I feel the urge to post here, it's usually because I feel the need to complain. I will try to keep myself from doing this as I know it is not something anybody enjoys reading. Here are some things I've been thinking about... some of them might sound like complaining.

- I'm kind of pissed at sunscreen. I used to think that sunscreen smelled like coconut; now I think that coconut smells like sunscreen. Coconut has been ruined for me.

- I'm ready to move in to my new apartment, but I still have a month to go.

- Corbin and I decided a few nights ago (maybe last week?) to watch the extended Lord of the Rings trilogy as a miniseries. I have issues with watching movies at night because I get sleepy like an old person, so we're taking it in chunks. We're currently in the middle of watching The Two Towers. I really like that we're doing this... it's kinda random and quirky and fun!

- I love my dog. And my boyfriend.

- I've never been much of a shoes-obsessed kind of gal, but for some reason I have three pairs arriving by mail tomorrow.

- We've had so many sunny days recently and today it was rainy. It surprised me that I was disappointed when the sun came out this evening.

- Tonight we're making hot italian turkey sausage with peppers, onions, & gnocchi. This is a recipe I discovered in the Weight Watchers cookbook last year (I added the gnocchi myself - it's also good served over rice) and it's a fairly simple meal but it is so delicious. I swear I could eat gnocchi every day for the rest of my life. I tried making gnocchi from scratch about two weeks ago and it was mildly successful.

- It has become apparent to me that food is one of my top five priorities in life. I'm not sure exactly what the others are yet, but food is way up there. Should I go ahead and accept that food is more important to me than some people I know?

- My sister is getting married in a little over a month, and I've had time to get used to this-- but it hit me two days ago that she will no longer be a Thomson, she'll be a Seabolt, and that's crazy. She's the first to jump ship.

- Last one: I've been thinking a lot about this blog lately, and every time I think about writing something I feel as though I'm really boring so I don't. There are a few blogs that I sincerely love to read and I know it's because the writers are willing to be open about thoughts, feelings, relationships, etc. -- I long to feel the freedom to write about those things without feeling scrutinized. It occurs to me that I used to be a very open person about very personal feelings, and somehow in the past 5 or 6 years I've closed up. I'm not sure what happened, but I think I became very aware of how the things I do and say affect the kind of person I appear to be. I need to stop thinking about what this or that will say to other people and focus more on doing what feels good.

1 comment:

shawn said...

Keep writing, I'm loving it.