Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh my gosh it's the weekend.

It wasn't until I started working Monday-Friday that I began to appreciate the weekend. The sad thing is I have pretty reasonable hours during the week and I still cherish the weekend. Before I became the manager at Aromas, I opened once a week - that means being at the hospital between 6am and 12pm - and closed once or twice a week. I actually preferred opening to closing (12pm-5:30pm) because there were fewer responsibilities in the morning. Now that I'm the manager, I cherish the two days a week that I get to close because those are the days that I get to sleep past 5:30am; three days a week now I open the bar and it's sucking the life out of me.

This week in particular I only had one day that I got to sleep in a little bit, so I'm definitely suffering. In fact I opened this morning and last night I barely slept (had a damn Rihanna song stuck in my head), so that made for a pretty miserable morning. BUT! It actually ended up making for a perfect day. Yes I was miserable, but now that I'm done, it's Friday. And as much as I'd love to have Corbin home, he's working until 9:30 - so I get the whoooole day to sleep and catch up on TV shows and do absolutely nothing. Because it's Friday. It's the weekend!!

p.s. An addendum to the previous post about home: I find it to be quite possible that the thing that excites me most about changing my official address is getting a new, snazzy license.

No comments: