Friday, January 21, 2011

Were you ever really listening like I want for you to listen now?

1. That line is from an Avett Brothers song. It's beautiful. And I have a deep love for the Avett Brothers despite the fact that I haven't even heard all of their music. Please love them also.

2. A few weeks ago I decided that the culinary career path is not for me. I love to cook, but I do not want to cook for a living, so culinary school is off the table (and I'm totally happy and at peace about that!). Because of this decision, I also decided that working at Liza Jane's was no longer for me. It's a good place, but I think it was the combination of my recent decision and the fact that it was start-up -- not steady, no system in place yet, still feeling out the market -- that made me feel like it wasn't for me. So...

3. I found myself a new job. Given that I didn't want to work in food anymore, I looked for administrative/receptionist/office positions. It took little to no time to find myself a position as the receptionist for La Bella Hair Studio, a small salon in west end Richmond (corner of Patterson and Three Chopt for you locals). There are three stylists and a receptionist (me!) so it's a small operation, which I like. There's something I love about the organization of it - the list of tasks that need to be completed, the computer work, the schedule/database upkeep. I really like it a lot! I'm about to finish week two.

4. I have discovered that I need two days off per week. Period. I worked six days a week at Liza Jane's and it just did not cut it. At La Bella, I get Sunday and Monday off. It's awesome. And my schedule is still such tha tI can go home and cook dinner -- and, better yet, I have the energy to cook dinner. Like.

5. I have something very important to share with you. Please watch it, because it's important to me and important in general. And once you've watched it, I have a special surprise, to come in the next week or so... once I've given you all enough time to watch the video! :) FYI, it's 20 minutes and worth it.




She changed me.

No comments: